Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Grieving a marriage six years on - is that weird?

Yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about my ex and crying. I've felt pretty angry and let down by him for the last six and a half years - he's visited our son once in that time and it was a week of extreme stress for me and of course, a good amount for the boy too. But that's another story.

Yesterday, somewhere through the veil of tears I glimpsed in my mind's eye the person that I fell in love with. I felt the emotional loss. It was as if my heart was opening slightly to him and to life. I also felt compassion toward him because he has missed out on these six beautiful years. He doesn't know the feeling of a little hand in his, and the trust that flows from a child when they feel completely safe and loved. What a loss.

That's not to say that I've thrown away the laundry list of wrongs and complaints. I guess they're just not so emotionally charged anymore.

Could it be that forgiveness and letting go is on the way? That would be a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me like you are starting to forgive. Anger is a tough thing to let go of but if you can, do it! It will make life so mcuh easier.

    ReplyDelete